GiveSignup | Run Signup’s Facebook Fundraiser Integration lets your supporters auto-create a personal fundraising page on Facebook to extend the effectiveness, reach and visibility of their campaigns.
Individual campaigns that begin here on GiveSignup | RunSignup can be mirrored on Facebook allowing people to easily extend their reach to their social networks! And it’s easy…because donations raised through Facebook remain in sync between the mirrored pages.
The GiveSignup | RunSignup Facebook Fundraiser API integration may be set up at any time during registration. New registrants will be able to create their Facebook Fundraiser from the confirmation page when they finish registering. And those already registered can create one directly from their GiveSignup | RunSignup fundraising page when they are logged in.
To use the Facebook integration, you must first:
- Enable fundraising for your GiveSignup | RunSignup event.
- Have a nonprofit Facebook page that is approved for Facebook Payments. To learn more about how to enroll your charitable organization with Facebook Payments, click here (see a quick overview of steps below).
- Submit your event for approval to use the GiveSignup | RunSignup Facebook Fundraiser integration by filling in the fields as requested.
Steps for a charitable organization to qualify for Facebook fundraising and its donation tools (i.e., Facebook Payments)
Before you begin, please confirm that:
- Your organization's Facebook Page category is 'Nonprofit Organization’ or 'Charity Organization'.
- Your nonprofit's address is included in the ‘About’ section of its Facebook Page.
- Your Page is published and complete with a cover image and description.
Once again, your nonprofit's Facebook page category must be Nonprofit Organization or Charity Organization. To check this or change it, go to your nonprofit's page, click About, and then click Edit next to Category. Add the category that applies to your organization. You can have up to three categories, so you can keep your existing category if you like.
Use this link to check if your nonprofit is already approved for Facebook Payments. If not already approved, you will be able to sign up here to accept donations via Facebook Payments: https://www.facebook.com/donate/signup
The following 4 screenshots will depict the process, and most importantly, what information will be required to complete the application:
Confirm your country and 501c3 status with the IRS
Select how the organization wants to be paid
Review the documentation that will be required
And finally, complete the application and provide the attestation before submitting. This approval process can take 2 to 3 weeks.
Once your charitable organization has been approved for Facebook Payments, you will need to enable Facebook's fundraising and donation tools:
- On a desktop, log into Facebook and click Settings in the top menu of your Facebook Page.
- Click Donations under Fundraisers.
- Check the box next to Allow people to create fundraisers.
- Check the box next to Allow people to add donate buttons next to their posts.
- Click Save.
For more information -- specific to Facebook -- follow this link: https://www.facebook.com/help/1640008462980459
To learn how to submit your event or race for approval to our platform’s Facebook Fundraising, click here
You can learn more about the RunSignup - Facebook Fundraiser API Integration here:
Enabled Fundraisers & Fundraiser Donations
Once this process has been completed, those with access to the event dashboard would be able to see summary and individual detail on those enabled Facebook fundraisers and all donations collected.