Nonprofits can create an unlimited number of Donation Forms on their Donation Websites to grow donations. Donation Forms automatically apply your nonprofit’s branding, giving your nonprofit a 100% white-label solution to collect donations.
Donation Forms are both powerful and easy to create so that your nonprofit can raise more and save time:
- Create a Donation Form for each giving campaign, with custom giving options (i.e. one-time and monthly only; annual only), a custom title and description, custom attribution settings, and custom description.
- Use Donation Forms for email and social media campaigns. The clean and simple layout keeps your supporters focused on making a donation without the distraction of menu items, additional call to action buttons, and too many images.
There are two ways to create donation forms.
- Create standalone donation forms. This article contains those instructions.
- Create donation forms from an existing donation website. Go here for those instructions.
Creating a Standalone Donation Form
From GiveSignup.org, click Donation Forms >> Learn More >> Create Donation Form or go here: givesignup.org/donationform/new.
This will take you into a short wizard:
Fill out your basic information here.
- Nonprofit Name
- A general contact email for your nonprofit
- Donation Form Name, which will display on the form. For example: "Giving Tuesday" or "Sponsor a Student."
- Start and end (optional) dates for the form.
- Enter the donation message you'd like to show on the form.
- You can select what donation frequency options will show. By default, One Time and Monthly are checked.
- Add to or edit the default donation levels. These will display as clickable buttons for people to use when selecting a donation amount. You can add names/titles to them if you like.
Tip: Donation levels display best in groups of 4.
On Step 2, you'll add your nonprofit's logo. This will be cropped to a small circle, so choose a circle or square image that will look good in a circle on the form page. You can add a custom button to the confirmation page here as well, and set the color scheme for the website. You can add your own color scheme if you have one already, or choose a preset theme.
The final step, Step 3, asks for your payment information. You can either create a new payment account, add an existing 501c3 GiveSignup | RunSignup payment account, send payment instructions to someone else (Set Up Later) or put your form in draft mode and come back to it later (Test Mode).
This step is also where you can control how processing fees are handled.
The last part of the wizard gives you the option to either View Your Form or Go to the Dashboard. Once you complete the wizard, you won't be able to get back in. All changes after that point will be made from the My Donation Forms page.