Nonprofits can enable GiveSignup's Facebook Fundraising integration through their donation website dashboard. This allows them to turn on Facebook fundraising for the fundraising campaigns they have set up on their donation website. To turn on Facebook Fundraising for your donation website, follow these instructions:
Step 1: Set up a fundraising campaign on your donation website
In order to use the integration, you will need to have a GiveSignup fundraising campaign that allows supporters to set up fundraiser pages on your behalf. These fundraiser pages can be connected to a synced Facebook fundraiser via the integration. Currently, we only support one-to-one individual fundraising pages with this integration.
You can create fundraising campaigns in your dashboard via the Fundraising Campaigns tab. You can find instructions to set up fundraising campaigns here.
Step 2: Ensure that your nonprofit is approved for Facebook Payments
When people create a fundraiser for your nonprofit on Facebook, Facebook has 2 ways of distributing funds to nonprofits. In order to use the integration, your nonprofit must be approved to accept donations through Facebook Payments.
QUALIFYING FOR FACEBOOK PAYMENTS
Here are the steps to qualify for Facebook fundraising and donation tools:
- Your nonprofit's Facebook page category must be Nonprofit Organization or Charity Organization. To check this or change it, go to your nonprofit's page, click About, and then click Edit next to Category. Add the category that applies to your organization. You can have up to three categories, so you can keep your existing category if you like.
- Use this link to check if your nonprofit is already approved for Facebook Payments. If not already approved, you will be able to sign up here to accept donations via Facebook Payments: https://www.facebook.com/donate/signup
- This process can take about two weeks.
- Your nonprofit will need to meet the following requirements to qualify for Facebook Payments:
- Be a 501(c)(3) organization registered with the IRS.
- Have a tax ID number.
- Have a bank account registered with a licensed financial services institution. Bank account details, including the bank name, bank account holder’s name (organization’s name), a legible and official bank letter or statement dated within the last 3 months, SWIFT Code and bank IBAN number.
- Provide the date of birth and address of the charity’s CEO or executive director.
Step 3: Enable Facebook Donation Tools
Once you are approved, you will need to enable Facebook's fundraising and donation tools:
- Click Publishing Tools in the top menu of your Facebook Page.
- Click Donation Settings under Fundraisers.
- Check the box next to Allow people to create fundraisers
- Check the box next to Allow people to add donate buttons next to their posts.
- Click Save.
You can find more information here: https://www.facebook.com/help/1640008462980459
Step 4: Submit your organization for approval to use the RunSignup – Facebook Fundraiser API Integration
Once you have set up Facebook Payments for your nonprofit’s Facebook account, you must submit your organization to be whitelisted by Facebook for access to the Facebook Fundraiser API integration.
On your donation website dashboard, go to Integrations >> Facebook Fundraisers. Enter the requested information in the contact form and submit by clicking Facebook Fundraiser Settings.
If your nonprofit is not already onboarded to Facebook Payments, your request will not be processed. You will receive a “Request Rejected” notification. If your nonprofit is on Facebook Payments, the integration will be immediately enabled and you can start using it.